Disney has just announced that Disney After Hours is back for select dates in January, February and March 2017. I was invited by Disney to experience this event last year and you can read all about my experience here. But since a few things about the event have changed, including my opinion about it, so I decided to write a quick blog post with all the details of this exclusive event!
What is it?
Disney After Hours is an event that happens at the Magic Kingdom and is only open to a limited amount of guests, allowing you to maximize your time in the park with little to no wait at 25 attractions and experiences. I attended the event in 2016 and was amazed at how empty the park looked and how exclusive it felt. It’s truly an opportunity to experience Disney as a VIP guest. Plus: ice cream novelties, popcorn, and select beverages are included in admission.
Tickets can be purchased for $119.00 + tax for all Guests.
When to go?
The event takes place 8:00 PM to 11:00 PM:
- Thursday, February 2, 2017
- Thursday, February 9, 2017
- Thursday, February 16, 2017
And 9:00 PM to 12:00 AM:
- Friday, January 20, 2017
- Friday, January 27, 2017
- Thursday, March 2, 2017
- Thursday, March 9, 2017
What changed from last year?
- Last year the event ran from 11pm to 2am. You were allowed to get in at 7 pm and regular admission guests were no longer able to get in the rides and attractions after 11 pm when the event started, which forced them leave the park. So after 11pm, the park cleared out pretty quickly leaving the whole place to the guests that had tickets for Disney After Hours. This year the event is starting at 8pm and 9pm now (depending on the date you choose) and ending at 11 pm or 12 am, respectively. So the event was definitely moved to an earlier time, which is great news for families! You are still able to get in at 7pm if you purchase the Disney After Hours ticket.
- Last year the snacks included ice cream, sodas and water and this year they have also added popcorn to the mix.
- Last year the price was $149 + tax and this year they dropped it to $119 + tax.
Is it worth it?
YES!!! Last year I ruled that this was not worth it, because it was too expensive and ran too late, but that was the debut of the event, so I knew Disney was just testing the waters. This year, Disney made spot-on adjustments to make this event SO worth it! If you read my last blog post you will see all the pros and cons I listed and the biggest con was that the price was way too high. But at $119 + tax and with the value you get, I think this event is definitely one to be considered by guests. You get to experience all attractions and meet all of your favorite characters without waiting in line at all and it really feels like you have the park to yourself. Three hours might not seem like too much, but when there are no lines, you can really do a LOT in that span on time. I met all the characters I wanted pictures with and most of them had no more than a 5 minute wait. And that is INSANE, because wait times to meet Anna and Elsa can be up to 300 minutes during peak times.
Buy now if you are interested:
In order for the event to be so exclusive, Disney can only sell a small amount of tickets, so you must buy your tickets soon as they may sell out.
Thanks for reading! And let us know if you would consider buying tickets for Disney After Hours or would prefer to stick with regular admissions!